Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The links I promised!

One of the major goals of the FLES program is creating global citizens and building cultural competence.  Today, I introduced students to the beautiful country of Spain.  The best part of my day was listening to a student ask her mom if they could go to Spain as soon as her mom picked her up!  That is telling me that I'm doing my job.  I brought some souvenirs back with me including many post cards, flamenco dance essentials, maps, the shell from Santiago, some money and much more!  We have so many fun things to learn!  We ended the class with this video about Barcelona.  We noticed there were many people walking in the streets, but few cars. We even got to look at the Metro map to figure out how we would get around.  Here is the video we watched:


We have also been introducing the question: Can I go to the _____?   In Spanish we say ¿Puedo ir a ____?  We have been practicing with this fun video from Señor Wooly!  As promised, here it is:



If you would like to help your student practice Spanish...please visit the Cedar Rapids FLES YouTube channel.  You can search for us or just click here!  You can then search for videos according to different topics we are studying!  You can never practice too much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment